Between showering, brushing our teeth, and putting on our makeup, we spend hours and hours every week in our bathrooms. So, it’s worth your while to make your bathroom a warm and welcoming space.
Below, we’ve put together three classic bathroom colour schemes that never go out of style.
Black and white bathroom colour scheme
A black and white bathroom is classic and timeless. Where a sleek, crisp white brightens, a strong black adds depth and interest.
Perfect for: A black and white bathroom is traditional by nature, harking back to Victorian-era architecture and design. Black and white lends itself perfectly to a stunning Queenslander or even Hamptons-inspired home.
- Black is an intense colour that can overwhelm a space, especially a smaller room like a bathroom. Create harmony by painting the walls white and using mostly white tiles. Incorporate black through feature tiles and cabinetry.
- For a modern take on this tried-and-true colour scheme, swap out piano black for a deep charcoal grey.
- When choosing a white paint colour, opt for a warm-toned white. Cool whites can appear cold and clinical when positioned beside black. Fair Bianca Half from Dulux is a great option.
Grey bathroom colour scheme
Interior designers have had a love affair with grey colour schemes for years now. Grey bathrooms are a cool, chic take on a classic neutral.
Perfect for: Grey is extremely versatile, and a grey bathroom is just as at home in a streamlined, modern new-build as in a 100-year-old Queenslander. Depending on your tile choices and fixtures, grey can appear sleek and contemporary or traditional and full of character.
- Just like white, grey paint colours can be warm- or cool-toned. In a traditional home, opt for a warm-toned grey. In a modern home, opt for a cool-toned grey.
- Grey loves light. Where possible, maximise natural light.
Blue bathroom colour schemes
Bright, calming, and joyful, blue has long been a favourite hue for bathrooms. Whether you’re redecorating the family bathroom or creating a peaceful parents’ sanctuary, put blue tones on your radar.
Perfect for: You can take a blue bathroom one of two ways. First, you can go for bright, bold hues – think turquoise, aqua, and sky blue. This palette is ideal for a contemporary home. Second, you can go for calming pastels or steely grey blues. These softer, more muted tones work in modern homes but are also well-suited to traditional properties.
- Blue makes a statement. If you’ve chosen a bright feature tile, keep the walls neutral. Blue and white is a classic combination.
- Deciding on a bathroom colour scheme doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Keep the tiles and walls white, adding splashes of blue using accessories – like hand towels and plant pots.
Ready to makeover your bathroom?
We love helping our clients transform their homes. If you are renovating your bathroom and need a friendly, reliable painting team, reach out today. All our customers get complimentary access to a professional colour consultant. Call now on 07 3829 5735 for a quick quote.