Landlords should paint rental properties for one main reason: to boost the aesthetic appeal of the property. A fresh coat of paint can help keep current good tenants or attract new tenants, because a bright, clean, freshly painted house or apartment is much more appealing than a dirty, dingy one.
The Appeal of Fresh Paint in Rental Properties
Everyone wants a beautiful home to live in, and sometimes all it takes to transform a tired home into a stunning one is a fresh coat of paint. It’s almost a psychological trick – tenants will see the property as being cleaner, newer and more stylish, and may be willing to pay more.
If you want to see the transformative power of paint at work, check out our gallery. We have a ton of before and after images that demonstrate what a huge difference a simple repaint can make.
When Should Landlords Paint Rental Properties?
If your tenants are happy and settled in your property, you don’t want to kick them out for a repaint. Here are five things to think about when deciding whether or not to repaint:
- What state is the rental property in? When the property is empty, have a good look at the paint. Is it generally clean, or is it marked, stained or even peeling?
- Have you cleaned the walls? Sometimes marks and scuffs can be removed with mild detergent and water. This may leave your property looking good as new, or it may highlight just how badly it needs a fresh coat of paint.
- Are some rooms worse than others? Maybe just the living room needs a repaint, or the kitchen, or the even exterior. High traffic rooms experience more wear and tear than bedrooms and studies.
- Are you having trouble securing a new tenant? Are your competitor’s properties newer, or more modern? A repaint can lift your property to a better standard in your local rental market.
- Are you having trouble keeping a current tenant? A repaint is a great ‘renewal incentive’.
Case Study: Rental Property in Alexandra Hills
We recently had the pleasure of painting a rental property in Alexandra Hills. Here are a few before photos.
As you can see, the interior was looking a little dated. And, the exterior had peeling paint that certainly would not be appealing to tenants. We managed to get the job done quickly, so our client could get the property back on the market right away.
Here are the after shots.
The bright white really freshens the space, making it appear newer and lighter. We also fixed up that peeling paint outside – doesn’t that make a world of difference! Visit our page, painters Redland Bay to read client feedback.
Have Your Property Painted
Having your rental property professionally painted is an affordable way to boost its appeal. Plus, our free colour consultant can make achieving picture perfect results a breeze. If you’re interested in a quote, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Phone on 07 3829 5735, or fill out the form on this page.